HAPPY ALMOST HOLIDAYS Pacanation!
The holiday season is slowly approaching and we are happy to announce that sign ups for our Secret Santa #event are now live!
If you don't know what a "Secret Santa" is, then here's a conveniently placed explanation:
Secret Santa is a Christmas tradition in which members of a group are randomly assigned other members to whom they anonymously give a gift. In this case, the gift will be art, writing, or a craft!
It's a simple and fun way to celebrate the holidays and spread cheer all around! The gifts themselves do not have to be strictly Christmas themed, so even if you do not celebrate Christmas, we encourage you to participate if you'd like!
LIKE ANY EVENT, THERE ARE SOME RULES THAT SHOULD BE FOLLOWED:
- Be respectful!
- No explicit or rude behavior.
- All gifts must be kept PG-13 (no gore, inappropriate language, or other explicit content)
- You must have a Pacapillar or Snekket to participate in this event.
- Both are available to be used for this gifting event (so anywhere it specifies a Paca, you can replace that with a Snekket if you want!).
- This event will primarily be run through Discord, so you must have an account to sign up and receive your assignments!
- You must have a Play.Pacapillars.com account to participate in this event.
- Accounts are free! Go join now if you haven't already. It's a great place to keep track of your in-game currency and chubby worm and noodle babies!
- Allowed art parameters:
- Drawn artworks must be visibly shaded fullbodies.
- If you are not the drawing type you may write a short story as a gift! The story must be at least 500 words long.
- If you are feeling adventurous and want to try your hand at a craft (such as papercraft, sculpting, etc.) all we ask is that there is visible effort on the part of the gifter! Feel free to reach out to a moderator to ask whether a certain piece you’re making would be acceptable.
- Once you are assigned to a user you may not change or "trade" who you are gifting. If you have a legitimate problem with the user chosen, please let a mod know.
- Please try to avoid signing up with a Pacapillar you are iffy on. If you trade a Pacapillar that has already joined the event (via the form) we are unable to make any changes or update your gifter about this change.
- If this happens please know that the new owner of the Pacapillar may receive the gift art instead of you.
- It is preferred that you only sign up with Pacapillars you know you love and use!
- You are still required to complete your half of the gift even if you trade your Pacapillar.
- Gifts should not be revealed until December 25th! This also means that you shouldn’t post wips of your work, as much as we’re excited to see them </3
- As we get closer to the posting date, we will let you all know the specific place to post to, so don’t worry about it not popping up or not knowing where it is!
- We will be giving away 250 Leaflets to every person who completes a gift!
- Be sure to submit your gift to the correct spot (which will be revealed on December 25th) on Play.Pacapillars.com to receive your Leaflets!
- We will be entering all entrants into a raffle, so make sure you get your piece in on time!
- Any user who gets their piece in on time on December 25th will be qualified to enter! If you are going to be late, you MUST ask for an extension; approved extensions UP UNTIL January 1st will still be entered into the raffle, but only if they are approved first!
- Those who complete additional pieces pinch hitting for drop-outs will receive a 300 leaflet bonus!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Fill out the Google Form below before the deadline (11/19/2022).
- The Mod team will assign all Santas randomly. We will DM you on Discord letting you know who you will be gifting!
- Once you review your "Giftee" from us you may start the event!
- Be sure to keep your gift a secret until Christmas Day (12/25/2022)
- Sign ups will begin today, November 12th
- The deadline for the form entry will be November 19th
- Users will receive their assignments by November 20th
- Gifts must be posted to the correct spot on the website on Christmas Day, December 25th, not before!
- All late/approved extension gifts must be given/revealed before January 1st, if for some reason you are going to be later, please reach out to a Mod!
DROPPING OUT | EXTENSIONS | PINCH HITTERS:
- The deadline for dropping out without penalty is December 18th, but we prefer that users drop out earlier to give pinch hitters more time to work.
- Please note that dropping out means you forfeit all event rewards and you will not be entered into the raffle.
- If dropping out beyond this point without an approved extenuating circumstance, you will be barred from participating in the next event we hold.
- You may ask for an extension to be extended until January 1st, but please be aware that if you need an extension for after this date, you will not be entered into the raffle!
- If you do not ask for an extension, but post after December 25th (but before January 2nd), you will not be entered into the raffle! So please let us know if you will not be able to post on the due date, so we can accomodate you.
- To ask for an extension past January 1st (until January 8th), you must reach out to a moderator before or on that date! Otherwise, we will count you as a no-show, and allow a pinch-hitter to complete the assignment.
- No-shows receive the same penalty as those that drop out beyond the check in point, except they will not be allowed to participate in the next two events instead of just one, regardless of what those events are.
- Users who sign up and check that they would be okay with being pinch hitters will receive a small bonus for any extra completed works they do as a thank you for picking up the slack <3
- Due dates for pinch hitters are 2 weeks from the initial image reveal date, on January 8th
- If you check that you’d like to be a pinch hitter, but end up not being able to when we reach out to you, that is perfectly fine! We understand that plans and how busy you are can change!
Read through everything? Here's the link to sign ups!
Please be sure to read through all the rules first!